If you are a consistent Instagrammer, you must have wished to watch someone’s story in your profile without them knowing about it at some point. Normally, when you view someone’s story on Instagram, your view will count toward their story view list. However, it can be avoided to view someone’s stories covertly. In this article, we have handpicked several ways to see someone’s Instagram Stories secretly. Meanwhile, you can also learn to download Instagram Stories on Android.
How to See Someone’s Instagram Stories Secretly
With the right tools and tricks, seeing someone’s Instagram story secretly is as easy as eating a cake. So without further ado, let’s look at different methods and tricks to achieve the same.
Make Use of the Swipe Back Trick to View Instagram Stories
If you wish to view someone’s Instagram story silently without adding your view count, the swipe-back trick can come in very handy. Follow these easy steps to view status secretly using this trick.
1. Open the Instagram app on your device and locate the Story of the person in the stories section whose story you wish to view secretly.
2. Tap and open the immediate next story of the profile you wish to view.
3. Now, hold your finger on the current story status and carefully make a back swipe without
releasing your finger.
4. You can now peek at your desired Instagram profile story. Do note that you don’t have to release your finger, or your view will get counted in the target person’s story views.
5. After you’ve taken a good look at the story, carefully swipe the story forward to land on the page where you started.
That’s it. You’ve successfully spied on the Instagram story without the person knowing about it. Note that this method only works for images, and you can’t watch a video in the Instagram story using this trick.
Secretly View Instagram Stories on Home Page
Another easy way to view someone’s Instagram story without letting them know is via the Home Screen preview. You need to scroll the home page to find the Recent stories preview. Simply, scroll across the stories to view them without adding your view count. However, do note that you can’t watch a story video with this method.
Follow the View-Block Trick to View Instagram Stories
This is an interesting trick for secretly watching the entire story of someone on Instagram. The idea behind this trick is to view the person’s story as you would normally do and then block their profile on Instagram. Blocking them would remove your profile and view count from their story view list. After you’ve watched their stories, you can unblock the person and follow them again to avoid missing any future stories. Follow these quick steps to achieve the same.
1. Open Instagram on your phone and tap the story of the person you wish to view.
2. After viewing the story, tap on the username to open the user’s Instagram profile.
3. Next, tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the app screen and choose Block.
4. Confirm your action by tapping on the Block button.
5. Now, your view count and your profile will be removed from their Instagram story view list.
6. Further, tap the Unblock button again to unblock the user.
7. To avoid missing any upcoming stories, tap on the Follow button again on the user’s profile.
Try Third-Party Websites to View Stories
There are lots of free third-party websites that allow you to watch the stories of a specific Instagrammer anonymously. However, using this method, you can only view the stories of a public profile on Instagram. Follow these quick steps to view Instagram stories of public user profiles anonymously.
1. Visit the IGANONY website on a web browser.
2. Next, enter the username of the Instagram profile whose story you wish to view secretly and press the enter key to search for it.
3. Wait a few seconds to load the Instagram stories related to the public profile.
4. Scroll down to find all the stories. You can also play the Instagram stories directly here if they are videos.
5. Additionally, you can click the Download button below each story to download it to your device.
Use Airplane/Flight Mode to Secretly See Stories
Another nifty trick to secretly watch an Instagram story is to turn on the airplane/flight mode on your device and watch the Instagram story. The idea behind this method is that Instagram automatically pre-loads certain stories and data when the device is connected to a good internet connection. After you’ve turned on airplane mode, all further actions, including viewing, posting, etc., are omitted from updates till the connectivity is restored. Follow these steps to turn on airplane mode on your device.
1. Swipe down your screen to open the notification center and tap on the Aeroplane/Airplane mode to enable it.
2. Now, watch the Instagram story of the person from the app.
3. After watching the story, clear the app from the recent section.
4. You can also turn onAeroplane Mode by toggling it from the Settings app.
Install Chrome Extension to Secretly View Instagram Stories
If you are using Instagram on your PC, the Google Chrome web store also offers some useful extensions to view Instagram stories without being noticed. Follow these steps to achieve this using the Ghostify Extension.
1. Install the Ghostify extension to your browser.
2. Next, click on the Add to Chrome button to install this extension.
3. Open the installed extension by clicking the extension button in the top toolbar.
4. Enable the toggle for the Ghostify extension to hide your views while watching a story on Instagram.
5. Further, log in to your Instagram account on your PC and view any story with this extension enabled.
6. Viola! You’ve successfully watched an Instagram Story without contributing to its view count.
7. Alternatively, you can try the Hiddengram Chrome Extension to achieve similar results.
Create Anonymous Account to See Instagram Stories Secretly
The most effective method to watch someone’s Instagram story without notifying them is to create an anonymous account and follow them to view their stories. Follow these easy steps to create your Instagram account.
1. Open the Instagram app on your device and long-press your profile icon in the bottom right corner of the app screen.
2. Tap on Add Account and choose the Create new account option.
3. Pick your preferred username for this new Instagram profile.
4. Next, enter a strong password for this new Instagram profile.
5. Fill in your details, such as your Birthday, and tap on the Complete Sign-Up button to finish setting up this new account.
6. On the next page, add your profile picture and follow the profile of the person whose story you wish to view.
7. Tap on the Follow button to start viewing their Instagram stories.
8. Additionally, you can quickly switch between accounts by long-pressing the profile icon at the bottom of the app screen.
Bonus: Hide Instagram Story from Everyone Except One Person
Often we feel the need to post Instagram stories for a specific person without using the ‘close friends’ status feature, which puts a green ring around your uploaded status. This way, you can make a person-specific post or test if your friend checks your uploaded stories on Instagram. To achieve it, you can read our detailed guide on hiding Instagram Stories to fulfilling your requirements.
Q: How to view someone’s Instagram Story Anonymously?
A: You can use the halfway swipe method in this explainer to view someone’s Instagram Story secretly, there are six other ways to achieve the same.
Q: Can you watch someone’s Instagram Story without them knowing about it?
A: Yes, many online tools and apps can assist you in achieving the same. We have handpicked and included the best tools in this explainer to help you watch someone’s Instagram Story covertly.
Wrapping Up: See Instagram Stories Secretly
We hope you’ve grabbed some nifty tricks to view Instagram Stories secretly using this explainer. If you find it useful, forward it to your friends and check the below links for more interesting walkthroughs. Stay tuned to GadgetsToUse for more such reads.
You might be searching for the following:
- 5 Ways to Recover your Instagram Account After Being Hacked
- 2 Ways to Turn Off Instagram Story Comments and Replies
- 3 Ways to Pin your Instagram Comment
- 8 Reasons Why You See Random Posts on Instagram and Hide Them
You can also follow us for instant tech news atGoogle Newsor for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, joinGadgetsToUse Telegram Group,or for the latest review videos subscribeGadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.